An opportunity to talk about your remote working experiences:
- Are you a remote worker? Do you work while on the move? Would you like to share your experiences with us?
- What is your hardware set up? What do you have in your remote worker kit?
- Do you use remote working technologies? What about mobile technologies?
- What apps or Web sites would you recommend for remote workers or people who work on the road?
- Have you had any funny or interesting experiences while working from home?
- Do you take part in virtual meetings, participate in video conferencing, present or attend webinars?
- Do you have experience of using cloud computing or online social networking/crowd sourcing tools that might be relevant to the remote working community?
- Do you work in a dispersed team? Or do you manage remote workers?
- Are you involved in a green IT initiative or remote working project?
If this is the case, why not share your experiences by publishing a guest blog post on Ramblings of a Remote worker. Contact me and send over an idea. Posts with photos or images work best. Especially photos of the author!
Previously published guest blog posts:
- 6 tools to help you manage your work more efficiently by Monique Craig (January 2015)
- 4 Things I Don’t Miss About the Office by Gemma Wilson (November 2014)
- 3 Good Reasons Why Remote Work is Booming by Monica Wells (October 2014)
- Virtual Teams: Benefits & Challenges by Martin White (September 2014)
- Google Apps for Business and Remote Workers by Kelly Smith (September 2014)
- Employer Legal aspects of Remote Working by Kelly Mansfield (July 2014)
- Introducing Office Optional: A New Conference for Remote Teams by Sarah Milstein (April 2014)
- My Experiences of Being a Home Worker by Brian Kelly (March 2014)
- Netbook vs. Tablet: It’s All about Fit by Jamie Lee (February 2014)
- Boost Remote Productivity with Beautiful Home Office Blooms by Rheney Williams (February 2014)
- Managing a Team of Remote Workers in Different Countries by Mr Manager (November 2013)
- Small-scale Cyber Security by Elvis Donnelly (November 2013)
- How to Create Your Very Own Home Office by Tom Bowers (October 2013)
- Technology for Your Home Office by Norman Fong (October 2013)
- Open Source Cloud Software by Jennifer Marsh (March 2013)
- Data, our world runs on data by Craig Russell (March 2013)
- Remote working to the rescue: my week on the move by Monica Duke (October 2012)
- Top 3 Ways to Successfully Video Conference from Your Mobile Phone by Jonathan Trent (October 2012)
- An Interview with Phil Byrne, Author of Head In The Clouds by Phil Byrne (October 2012)
- Staying Sane on the Run by Jordan Mendys (September 2012)
- Emails from your Boss Driving you Crazy? by Samantha Gray (September 2012)
- Creating a Clutterless Workspace by Kenneth McCall (September 2012)
- Why Can’t We All Work from Home? by Stephanie Brooks (August 2012)
- Making the Office feel like Home by Josh Doyle (August 2012)
- The Unexpected Disadvantages of Remote Working by Angelita Williams (July 2012)
- Key Online Collaboration Tools by Matt Ambrose (June 2012)
- Convincing your Employer to Let you Telecommute Permanently by Katheryn Rivas (June 2012)
- The Secrets of Large Skype Meetings by Ed Bremner (March 2012)
- The 10 Commandments of Video Calls by Chris Lee (March 2012)
- Staying Productive at Home by Amar Patel (March 2012)
- MOOC – The Online Trend for Career Pursuers by Melissa Spears (February 2012)
- Staying Connected in a Big Remote Worker World by Doug Campbell (January 2012)
- What are your Desk Options? by Simon Crisp (May 2011)
- How to Create the Perfect Remote Workspace by Mariana Ashley (April 2011)
- Video Conferencing: the Green Choice by Rashed Khan (March 2011)
- Create a “Virtual Presence” at Work with Skype and VNC by Jonathon Wilson (March 2011)
- Introducing Lecture Capture at the University of Bath by Nitin Parmar (December 2010)
- The Remote Student Worker: 4 Tips for Working and Studying Online by Alvina Lopez (December 2010)
- Wide Teams: A sustainable vision for creative work by Avdi Grimm (November 2010)
- How Green is my Videoconference? by Geoff Constable (November 2010)
- Go Forth and Amplify! by Alan Cann (November 2010)
- Rick on the Road by Rick Hurst (September 2010)
- Are public bodies gambling with Smart Working? by Don Cooke (September 2010)
- Two beagles, one laptop and a garden in Hvidovre by Ann Priestley (August 2010)
- New Ways of Working in the Public Sector by Ken Eastwood (July 2010)
- Using JVCS for Live Helpdesk by Zak Mensah (May 2010)
- Top Tips for a Successful Virtual Meeting by Clare Aitken (May 2010)
- SCONUL Access by Maria Hiscoe (February 2010)
- Remote Audiences by Kirsty McGill (February 2010)
- Guide to Mobile Broadband Providers by Joe Linford (February 2010)
- Before the Snow Storm Hits by Nick Cavalancia (December 2009)
- Home is a land worth exploring by Alistair McNaught (November 2009)
- Have Laptop, Will Travel by Stephanie Taylor (October 2009)
- Video conferencing and how to bridge the cultural gap by Mike Boyce (October 2009)
- BUCS and Computer Tools for Communication by Dave Cunningham (September 2009)
- Travelling Kit for a Remote Worker by John Kirriemuir (July 2009)
- Establishing Our Online Identity by Martin Weller (July 2009)
- We are Café Commuters! by Lori Thiessen (June 2009)
- Remoter Remote Working by Amanda Hill (May 2009)
- The Reality of Home Working by Paul Boag (March 2009)
- Brie and Bakeries: a Postcard from the North by Monica Duke (February 2009)